Location: Los Alamitos, CA
Who should apply?
IT professionals with 2-4 years of relevant experience in System Administration (Certifications a plus)
As a Systems Administrator, you will:
Work collaboratively with our internal team as you take on varying projects and tasks.
- Implement new projects in network, server, and storage infrastructure
- Recommend and integrate new technologies into existing technology stack
- System support and troubleshooting as issues occur
- Analyze system logs to identify potential issues with computer systems and websites
- Improve system performance through continuous improvement efforts
- Perform routine audits of systems, websites, and software
- Stay aware of and apply OS updates, patches and configuration changes
- Answering technical queries and assisting users one-on-one or in groups
- Investigates, Troubleshoots, and Documents any changes performed on network infrastructure
- Management of the network infrastructure, ensuring that it is operational at all times
- Managing file systems; configuring, adding, and deleting
- Maintain and implement preventative measures on all systems to ensure a 99.99% uptime
- Maintain database system and the integrity of the data; including its efficiency and performance
- Maintain web servers and services to assure internal and external access to websites
- Manage and recommend storage systems on existing and new computers and infrastructure
- Maintain and ensure quality, usable backups are taken on a regular basis from all systems
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related discipline with at least 2-4 years of experience OR at least 4 years of direct, equivalent experience is required.
- The following certifications are desired but not required:
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Server+
- CompTIA Linux
- Organized, team player, self-starter, attention to detail, self-sufficient, self-motivator, and a quick and eager learner
- Strong understating of virtualization technologies: VMware, Xen, HyperV, Oracle VM, VirtualBox, etc.
Scripting languages for systems management
- Experience or knowledge of:
- OS: CentOS/RHEL Server, OSX, Windows 7/8/10, Ubuntu
- Server Infrastructure: Server Administration, Web Hosting Services, LDAP/AD Directory Management, SSO, SAN/NAS/DA/Convergence Storage, LAMP Stack, SQL, NoSQL
- Networking: DNS troubleshooting, TCP/IP, Network Switching and Routing, Port Forwarding, Firewall, DHCP, Managed Switches, Network Cabling, WiFi, Firewall Appliances, VLANs, Networking protocols (TCP/IP, DHCP, SMTP, FTP, SFTP, SSH, VLANs, WiFi)
Location: Los Alamitos, CA
Local principals only.